December 23, 2020
This research is to develop tools to analyse and predict the behaviour of embankment dams. The research is done under the direction of Professor Jean-Marie Konrad
, principal chairholder, and Professor Jean Côté, associate chairholder.
- improve our understanding of the behaviour of materials used in embankment dams, particularly in the event of an earthquake;
- characterize the hydric, thermal and mechanical behaviours of embankment dam materials, such as till, sand and gravel used as filter and rockfill;
- model and predict the behaviour of embankment dams under normal and exceptional conditions, such as during an earthquake;
- facilitate the interpretation of data collected during the monitoring of the structures;
- develop selection criteria for materials to optimize the service life of dams;
- establish criteria for the inspection of embankment dams.
For a list of papers and theses related to this research, please click here